lørdag 10. august 2013

Dear friends; if I have any ? "I wouldn't mind finally reading, while I'm still alive, the wonderful article you my (friend) will dedicate to me after I have past away."


I am to alone in the world and yet not
alone enough to consecrate every hour.
I am to small in the world and yet not
small enough to be a thing in your eyes,
shadowed and shrewd.
I need my will,
to go with it as it drives its way to the deed;
and at quiet,
hesitant times I need,
when something draws near, to be among
those to whom it is known or to be alone.


I must mirror you full height.
I am not too old or blind for my
arms to keep their hold on your image,
swaying unwieldily.
And I must unfold.
I cannot allow myself to bend,
for in bending I shall have lied too in the end.
And my mind shall be true before your face.
I shall be to you like a picture I studied slowly,
close to like a word well understood,
like a vessel in use,
like my mother's face,
or a ship bearing me,
that withstood the deadliest wind...



Please my friends: think before you think...

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar