mandag 21. desember 2015

"Født med et solkompass i hjertet grov du deg fram gjennom fuktig mørke. En muldvarp-gang som møysommelig stiger mot dagen. Og munner ut - plutselig - under en himmel som ikke er av denne verden."



Beyond the bend in the road
There may be a well,
   or a bomb,
and there may be a castle,
and there may be just more road.

I don't know and I don't ask.

As long as I'm on the road that's
    before the bend
I look only at the road before the
    bend,
Because the road before the bend 
    is all I can see.
It would do me no good to look
anywhere else or at what I can't see.


So let's pay attention only to where 
    we are.
There's enough beauty in being here
    and not somewhere else.
If there are people beyond the bend 
    in the road,
Let them worry about what's 
    beyond the bend in the road.
That, for them,
    is the road.

If we're to arrive there,
when we arrive we'll know.
For now we know only that we're
    not there.


Here there's just the road before the bend,
and before the bend there's the road for hope,
    without any bend.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar